Valdosta Fathers' Rights Lawyer

The law says that men equal women in divorce cases, however this is not often what my clients experience during a divorce. Although favoritism of mothers over fathers is not often announced from the bench, it is evidenced in the percentage of children who ultimately end up in the custody of the mother after a divorce.

Due to this trend, many men do not pursue custody. They may feel they do not have a fair opportunity or chance to win, but upholding your rights and working to keep your family together is always worth the effort. If you have gone through a divorce and feel as though you have not had a fair chance at child custody, visitation and support agreements, Valdosta fathers' rights attorney John D. Holt can help.

A Lowndes County Custody Dispute Attorney Can Help You Pursue Custody

The court chooses caretakers based on the best interests of the child, and when you contact me, we will be able to develop a strategy to argue that your child would best be served by the retention of your parental rights.

Many factors go into deciding on parenting rights. These include:

  • The age, sex, mental and physical health of your child
  • The mental and physical health of the parent
  • Parental lifestyles and social factors such as a history of abuse or the child's exposure to unhealthy substances (i.e., second-hand smoke)
  • The bond between the child and the parent
  • The ability of the parent to provide guidance to the child
  • The ability of the parent to provide food, shelter, clothing, education and medical care
  • The child's preference of living arrangements (this usually is taken into account if the child is above a certain age)

Having the opportunity to raise your children and influence them positively as a father is not something that should be denied to you or to your children simply because you and your spouse have parted ways. If you intend on remaining highly interested and invested in your child(ren)'s health and well-being, then you should be granted fair parental rights.

Schedule a Free Initial Consultation Today

Contact my Georgia office by e-mail or by phone at 229-233-4138 to discuss your case with a lawyer who can help determine the best legal options available to you. I am also licensed in Florida and can provide representation in interstate custody disputes.

Spanish language interpretation is available as needed.